Total Pageviews

Oct 16, 2012

Therapy

As an autism mom, I am not ashamed to admit that I am grateful for weekly therapy sessions.  I had to take the summer off from therapy because there was literally no time for myself when the kids were out for the summer.  Today was my first day back, and it was great to have the reminder that the only thing I can control in my life is myself.   It was good to be able to focus on my wellness and have some guidance when thinking of strategies to lessen my stress, or at least to cope with it in a healthy manner..
One of the things we talked about was allowing myself time to be creative.  That can be dangerous with me because I have ADD, so I can become hyper focused on things that are fun/interesting to me and neglect other things.  So we discussed setting the timer for 15 min when I'm having my "me" time, and then setting it for another 15 min to clean the house or do other things that need to be done, rewarding myself with 15 more "me" minutes.
I was pretty proud of what I came up with during my "me" time today.  It definitely took way more than 15 minutes, but it was a fun way to relieve my stress.  All I used was Halloween paper, tape and magnets (for the back to hold it to the front door).

1 comment: