Total Pageviews

Oct 25, 2012

Kindness from a Friend

As an autism mom, I'm grateful for the kindness I receive from my friends.  For example: last month, I received the following email from a friend that I have had the pleasure of knowing as long as I can remember:
" I was thinking of your daughter. I was thinking she would love an Elmo skirt:) If you think she would like that I would love to make one for her (or any other character you think she might like that I could find fabric for). Autistic children are so special and a blessing from Heavenly Father. I don't think I could find an applique for Elmo (for the matching shirt) of course it wouldn't be to hard to make one up. They have the disney princesses and minnie mouse. Seriously I would love to do that for your daughter. Making stuff for others is my way of serving others. You wouldn't have to worry about paying for any of it either."
I was so touched by the thought, and so excited too.  
Yesterday, we received a very cute package in the mail, just in time for Caiti's birthday next Monday.  Caiti is NOT big on clothes, but when she saw these, she was very happy to let us dress her in them.    We will have to get her used to the hairbows, but  I'm thinking she'll like them soon enough.  Until then, I think I make a great hairbow model.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment