Total Pageviews

Apr 24, 2012

Fingernail Polish

As an autism mom, I'm grateful for fingernail polish...not cause it makes me feel pretty...although when I actually take the time, it does.
As I have mentioned before, Caiti would rather be in her birthday suit than in uncomfortable clothes.  We follow her around redressing her all day.  However, I think in her own rebellious way, she has decided that if she can't be naked, then at least her toys can.  She even made me cut the glasses off of her Simon chipmunk (from Alvin & the Chipmunks).  So silly.  
Anyway, on a different note, Garrett is learning to tell boys/girls apart during his therapy.  They have done this with pictures, etc.  I love how he would get girls right most of the time but always call me a boy.  A little off topic, I know.  Anyway, his tutor asked if we had any figurines they could use in therapy for telling the difference because he does better with 3D objects than with 2D objects.
Here is where my grattitude for nail polish comes.  I have plenty of Barbies for the girls.  However, they are all naked, thanks to Caiti.  I know they are working on telling girls from boys, but not down to the nitty gritty details under the clothes.  ;)  Anyway, I saw a great idea on pinterest (of course) where you can use nail polish to paint spandex-type clothes on Barbies (see below picture).  It totally worked too.  So we won't be teaching Garrett the gender differences that he doesn't need to know, AND Caiti can't take these clothes off of her Barbies.  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. That's great. They look much better painted than naked anyway. Great job painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I am going to be doing this tomorrow, thanks to you. I hate finding naked Barbies all over the place.

    ReplyDelete