Total Pageviews

Mar 3, 2013

Your Future is as Bright as Your Faith

As an autism mom, I am grateful for the personal insight/revelation I can receive when I actually take the time to stop and listen.  I had the chance to attend the first hour of church last week.  One of the speakers was talking about how excited she was to serve a mission for our church.  She had such a brightness about her.  She had the spirit in her face.  She had such excitement for her future.
It took me back to my college days.  I had such faith back then.  I'm not saying I don't now, but it's a different kind of faith.  I don't want to say that I have lost that "perfect brightness of hope," but some days are harder than others, and sometimes it's hard to have a positive outlook for my future.  Life has given me too many things that I didn't expect (not just my children), and it's been a hard road, trying to accept what I've been given and to figure out how to use what I've been given in my life.
As I was listening to her talk, the quote, "Your future is as bright as your faith," by Thomas S. Monson came into my mind.  Back in the day, I had such faith that all would go well, and I believed with all my heart that my future was bright.  I had an ah-ha moment when I thought about this.  Just because my future didn't turn out how I expected, that doesn't mean that it wasn't a bright future.  My husband and I were entrusted with some amazing children who teach us about life and God and love every day.  It can be overwhelming and hard, but I have to remember how lucky I am to have such amazing little teachers in my life.  I'm so lucky to be blessed with the many people in my life who were sent to me to help my family, and in turn who my babies have also helped.
So I'm going to try and focus on my faith, which is always a hard thing.  I'm going to focus on faith in a happy future where my kids will have the opportunities they need to reach their full potential and where I will have the same opportunities to reach mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment