Total Pageviews

Dec 8, 2012

My Kevi

As an autism mom, I couldn't be the mother I am today without my husband Kevin.  He is a cute daddy.  He has such a soft spot in his heart for his babies.  

He goes to work every day for our children.  Kevin joined the Navy for his babies.  I remember how hard it was for him when I had Jason while he was still in basic training.  It was such a sweet moment to introduce Jason to his daddy at his basic training graduation.  No joke, Jason's very first smile was the first time Kevin held him.  Jason obviously recognized his daddy.
Kevin has been on a couple of deployments now, which are so hard for him, but he gets through them by thinking about what he is working for.  He sacrifices in this way to bring security for his family and good benefits for our kids.
Kevin and I started out as friends, and it took us a while to figure out that we were becoming more than that.  Once we did, though, we  knew we were going to be together forever.  I am definitely not going to lie and say everything has been easy, but I'm so grateful that we have both taken the high road on different occasions and decided to work through things.  I'm so thankful that the friendship we started with has continued and that we are able to use that friendship to make life funner, make each other laugh, and have an easier time trying to love each other unconditionally.  I love him so much, and I'm so grateful God led me to the best person to be the father of my children.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Christiney. We love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete