Total Pageviews

Sep 3, 2012

The Scriptures


Normally, I don't like to put a ton about religion or politics or that kind of thing on my blog, but I decided that my blog needs to be extremely honest, and my testimony of my church is a big part of what gets me through the day as an autism mom.
A big part of that is the scriptures.  As an autism mom, I'm grateful that I have the scriptures to use as a reference in my life.  As a Mormon, I believe the Bible to be the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly.  I also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God (Articles of Faith 1:8).
I'm not really sure who came up with this quote, and I might misquote it a little, but, "If you want to talk to God,  pray.  If you want God to speak to you, read the scriptures."  It's so true.  When I have an open heart and mind and turn to the pages of the scriptures, I can find little messages of comfort, hope and love from my Father in Heaven that help get me through the day.
I just watched the above "Mormon Message" from Jeffrey R. Holland.  It touched my heart deeply, and that is why I am sharing it on my blog today.  :)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful testimony! Thank you for sharing these messages, both yours and that of an apostle of the Lord. They are empowering and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete